Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Product Review: Adorned with Grace Minerals Ingenue Dual Fiber Brush

I have been on the lookout for a dupe of MAC 188 since I don't want to use mine as I'm afraid the MAC logo/label will rub off if I keep using it and the white bristles might get stained just like with my MAC 187. I was browsing eBay for stippling brushes when I came across a listing for this. Before placing a bid, I looked for reviews online and most of the reviews I found are positive so I gave this brush a go. When I finally received it, I was really surprised to see how really tiny this brush is. Really a mini. At first glance, it is like the little sister of MAC 188. I have been using this brush in blending the concealer on my under eyes for a couple of weeks now so it's time for a review.




See how small this brush is? It's just an inch or two longer than a tube of MAC lipstick.


What I like:
- The size of this brush is handy and can easily fit in a purse.
- Since it is short, it allows you to get as much control as possible when it comes to application of makeup.
- It looks sleek and resembles MAC brushes. (See picture below with MAC 187 and 188)
- I use this to blend the concealer on my under eyes and it blends like a dream. Less caking and the concealer does not settle on fine lines since it blended well with the skin.
- Cheap. I got it for only PHP285 + 50 shipping on eBay (a little over $7 inclusive of shipping and at least I don't have to wait for a week to get my hands on this if I ordered it from AwG directly).

What I don't like:
- This brush sheds like crazy! Every single time that I use it, I get tiny strands of hairs on my face. I've had this for a couple of weeks now but it still sheds. I have to remove hairs from my face and it's not funny having to do that all the time.
- I've washed this thrice and it still bleeds!
- I tried using it with a pigmented blush - NARS Taos - and it looked really blotchy so I guess this will stick to concealers.

Overall rating: 4/5  I still gave it a 4 because it delivers and performs the job I intended for it to do very well and that is blending the concealer on my under eyes. However, I still hope that it will stop shedding! I think that this may be a good substitute for MAC 188.

Will I buy again? Maybe. Though I think this will last for a few years since its task is really easy. And I hope it doesn't lose all its hairs by then.


MAC 187, MAC 188, AwG
 Happy Thursday! :P

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar