Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Review: MAC Retro Matte Lipsticks



Hi everyone,
In my Get Ready With Me post from last week, I mentioned the MAC lipstick All Fired Up and promised you a full review of it. Since then I've actually bought another lipstick, Flat Out Fabulous, and thought I would just kill two birds with one stone and review both of them.

Flat Out Fabulous (top) and All Fired Up

Both lipsticks are from MAC's Retro Matte collections. The MAC website describes All Fired Up as a 'bright fuchsia' and Flat Out Fabulous as a 'bright plum' and I probably couldn't do a better job at describing them myself, so I'm not going to try. Obviously the colours are what originally drew me to these lipsticks (I remember seeing the original Retro Matte ad with All Fired Up and thinking 'I'm gonna need that') and I think they're really unique. I don't have anything like them in my collection, and if you've been around this blog for awhile, you'll know I have a pretty big lipstick collection.


The lipsticks are very bright and matte (as the name would suggest) but they're very comfortable to wear; they don't feel drying or heavy. They also last an incredibly long time. I wore All Fired Up to a party recently, and after a couple of hours (and eating and drinking) it still hadn't budged.

All Fired Up (top) and Flat Out Fabulous
So I was very impressed with these lipsticks (clearly, as I went out and bought a second one). They are some of the best matte lipsticks I've ever tried. Unfortunately, (according to the MAC website anyway) there are only two other colours in the range; Relentlessly Red, which isn't dissimilar from All Fired Up, and Ruby Woo, which I've heard mixed things about. It's a bit disappointing, because when the range first came out I'm sure there were more shades, and they really are very good lipsticks. But I'm really happy with these two, and who knows, you may see the other two in a blog post yet.

All Fired Up

Flat Out Fabulous

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar