Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A Snow Day in DC

This is a view of my street yesterday afternoon. The snow was really coming down and I was in winter wonderland heaven! The wee morning hours brought snow which turned to rain as the morning progressed. But around 1 pm, the rain turned to sleet and by 3 pm, the temperature dropped and snow began falling. I drove to Michaels Crafts in my father-in-law's truck while it was sleeting and I spotted several spun-out cars on Interstate 66. Most commuters were driving slow, marred in a state of panic. I quickly bought a few art supplies and drove home before the traffic and/or chaos got worse.

The DC area is first in the nation (tied with Chicago) for worst traffic. Combine the intense gridlock with a wintery mix bag of precipitation and you get absolute pandemonium! My husband, who normally has an hour + drive home, was stuck in traffic for three hours!


This is the back deck last night:
I was so happy to wake up this morning and see my neighborhood coated in snow! I estimate the area got about 7+ inches! I just wish we lived in the mountains because I would be skiing in heartbeat!

Today, I worked from home and I started a painting. I am doing an atomic/abstract piece that will go in my foyer. I also ran some errands and went to the post office. Due to the icy and slushy conditions, I wore my old pair of combat boots, tights, a black Cure Tee, and a pink cardigan. I also styled my hair differently.

I normally do a middle or left part in my hair but today I did a right side part. I think I like it! My blond highlights can really be seen:
 I hope everyone is staying safe and cozy this winter!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar