Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My 'Go-To' Face Base | Loreal Studio Secrets Professional Primer

Loreal Studio Secrets Professional Smoothing Resurfacing Primer | £14.29 | Link

You know those typical 'holy grail' items you have in your makeup bag? The ones you forever repurchase that get so embedded in your daily routine that you simply cannot live without them but often forget how much you rely on them? This is one of those items.  It occurred to me the other day that I've actually never spoken about one of my most used products on my blog.  I've been asked a few times what I use for a base before I apply my foundation as I've mentioned in  a few reviews that I don't really have problems getting my foundation to stay throughout the day and a lot of the time I really believe it's down to my primer. Without further jibber-jabber, I shall introduce to you to Loreal's Studio Professional Smoothing Resurfacing Primer (try saying that after a few - crikey!) I have had more than my fair share of these little pots - I believe I might be on my fourth or fifth so trust me when I say it's a well loved favourite. 

Now, I know primers are very much like foundation - what one person swears by, another one hates. It is a very personal thing and your skin type/moisturiser/foundation you use is all going to effect how your primer works.  For reference, I have fairly normal skin with a slightly oilier t-zone, and at certain times of the year my cheeks get a little dry - but nothing overly difficult apart from the odd pesky spot on my chin now and again.  The consistency has a very velvety, soft feel to it - and almost feels like a thick, whipped mousse when applied.  What I love about it is the fact it leaves no greasy residue on the skin - many primers I've tried feel quite greasy and I often feel a bit funny applying them to my skin - with this one, there's none of that.  It instantly makes the skin feel smooth to the touch - almost masking over any 'dodgy' uneven areas and helping to disguise any pores.  I apply it with my fingers, working from the middle of my face and outwards, concentrating on around my nose, my chin and my forehead.

I've never experience any breakouts with this product - it doesn't make my skin feel greasy and after smoothing out with my fingers it's undetectable - aside from the fact my skin feels one heck of a lot smoother! I then apply my foundation as normal.  I haven't yet found a foundation that doesn't work with this primer - it is the ultimate dream team with my beloved YSL Touche Eclat foundation. I know a few people said that they weren't too fussed about the wear time with this foundation when it was launched - but personally it lasts all day on me providing I use this beforehand and a dusting of powder afterwards.  It really is a little miracle worker for me - and I can honestly tell when I've forgotten to apply it.  It helps no end on holiday or in the summer when my makeup needs a little extra helping hand to stay in place and I hardly ever get any patchiness when I've applied it. I've actually used it as an emergency eyeshadow primer on holiday! If you're a fan of lighter, dewy foundations like me, then you'll know a good primer is a must-have in order to get it to stay put. There's no doubt that primers are a very personal thing, and they're very much a love or hate product - but if you've never tried a primer before or stay away from them purely because of the greasy residue a lot of them leave behind - then give Loreal's a whirl.  I even love the packaging - the little glass pot feels much more luxurious and considered than your average squeezy tube! It's worth every penny for me and it's worked better than some higher end options I've tried in the past. I love it. Holy grail status well and truly achieved.

What's your 'holy grail' primer? 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar