Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Review: Dior Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara


Since Dior's New Look Mascara was such a disappointment I can't say my interest was high to try the Overcurl Mascara when it was released. Even though I kept hearing great things, I've been so smitten with Chanel and YSL's new releases; Le Volume De Chanel and Babydoll. Luckily I was given the Overcurl Mascara as a gift to try, because otherwise I might have never tried it - and that would have been a shame as this is one seriously fantastic mascara!


Dior's Iconic Overcurl Mascara comes in sleek silver packaging, with a black band with many small silver "Dior"s around the tube. The mascara I've used is in 090 which is black. The wand is rounded as with a lot of curling mascaras. This surely with at least partly the intent to ease application, which I can honestly say it does.

This relatively new mascara is meant to curl the lashes and give good volume and length. I find it delivers on both claims and then some. When applied I get a lot of volume without too much hassle - meaning no clumping and nice long separated lashes. That's all really nice, but a lot of other really good mascaras do this too. What makes Overcurl stand out from the bunch is how this mascara can not only keep a curl, but create one.


When using the Overcurl there's no need for an eyelash curler - no, seriously! When applying this my lashes curl up all on their own, and stay like that until I remove the mascara at the end of the day. My lashes never keep a curl for long - if at all!


Wear is excellent, not only does it keep lashes curled, but it doesn't flake or smudge. This does mean it's a bit harder to get off at the end of the day, but not as bad as some others I've used. I'd say this is right there in the middle in terms of difficult to get off.


The mascara did not dry out too fast either. I used this for the full 3 months plus two cheeky extra weeks, and it performed well the whole time through. I threw it out when I did simply because I always get rid of mascaras around the 3 month mark, but there was definitely more left that I probably could've used just fine. The point is - it wasn't dried out, or had changed in consistency. Not that I'd recommend anyone to use it past 3 months, but at least you'll get the full 3 months regardless, compared to a lot of other good volume mascaras I've found tend to dry up well before even hitting 2 and a half months.


I can't remember the last time I've re-purchased a mascara. With new ones being released what seems every month there's always one I'm keen to try. I'm not going to pretend like there still aren't about 50 mascaras I'm still dying to try out, but I find myself missing this mascara and wanting to just buy it again. It did everything and the application was so easy. I'm still going through my backlog of mascara samples, but I don't think it will be too long until I actually buy this again - back log or not, it's just that good!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar